Family it's bigger then blood (good thing)

Family it's bigger then blood (good thing)
feel the love

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Blessings of Night Shift








I have worked the night shift for years- in fact there was a time when I only worked night shift and call me crazy but it worked for me. Those days have come and gone and now the straight night shift can be a little hard on me but there are some blessings.
With the new school start time I am home before Brue leaves for class- he may say that is a blessing because having just come off a 12 hours shift I have no right to drive anywhere so he can take the car to school.

Weekend night shift gives me all kinds of extra time for the things I want, like lunch with my friends. I think one of the best blessing of this shift is having my weekly lunch with friends- be it Rosie, my mom, or maybe even Felicity - I have the time.

Some may not find the next thing as a blessing but it is one of the best- being on night shift I work mostly alone which means I drive back and forth by myself, this gives me lots of time to think, to ponder, to pray, and to listen for the answers to those prayers. I know I don't always take the time I need to listen to what the Lord has to say to me. Mostly at the end of the day I just pore my heart out then quickly pore myself into bed and don't take the time to hear the words I have been praying for.

With all that extra quiet time I see more. I see the Lords hand in the world around us- in the mountains, in the snow, in the sunsets and in the sunrise.

I am grateful for my job and some days more then others I am thankful for my night shifts.





No comments:

Post a Comment