Family it's bigger then blood (good thing)

Family it's bigger then blood (good thing)
feel the love

Monday, March 28, 2011

Is There An Easier Way?

I recall now what seems like a life time ago the meeting held in the Durfee Street chapel in which the first of many to come "ward splits" was to take place. Now having had an in with some of the muckady mucks I knew just where my house would fall in that split and I had no need to fear. I remember my father leaning over to me and asking me what I was going to do if I didn’t like the change. And the words of Nephi rang clear “I will go, I will do the things the Lord commands.” The opening song was sung, “I’ll Go Where You Want Me To Go” -- … But if, by a still, small voice he calls To paths that I do not know, I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine: I’ll go where you want me to go. I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, over mountain or plain or sea; I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord; I’ll be what you want me to be.” The story of the events that would take place over the course of the next 4 years and our 6 wards (yes 6 not The 6th) will have a chapter in my book but for now I will say, the muckady mucks that I thought I had an in with knew nothing and my world was now in a strange ward. But I had said it out loud “I will go and do the thing the Lord commands”. The Lord has a plan for us and to us it does not always seem like the clear and easy way, but it the Lords way. Like a baby chick we sometimes have to peck our way out of the shell we’re in today in order to have the strength to wear the feathers we need for tomorrow. Those changes in my life have given me strength; they have given me friends to lean on, and service to give. It does not always look to us like the clear and easy path, but it is the best way; the Lord knows how to give us the strength we need- strength to stand up for what is right, strength to lift others, and the strength to put it all in the Lords hands when we know we cannot do it on our own. The Lord knew there was an easier way, - Laban could have had a heart attack, but that would not have given Nephi the strength he would need to pull from later. You and I could have been rich but it may have made us foolish. I Lord knows us as he knew Nephi and he is blessing us with trials everyday. It is my pray that we can all learn the lessons the Lord has sent for us as quickly as we can. But if it is that your trial will last for a time may you walk all those days in the arms of the Lord. This is my pray for you: Brother Knight, Brother Orgill, Brother Miller, Sister Hamatake, Monty, Gramma D., and to both my mom and my dad--The road may seem long that is ahead but if you ask you will have great company along your path.

2 comments: